Thursday, June 17, 2010

Working on the Face Today



Since I'm not compelled to make this woman look like the actual model (whew, that's a big relief)I changed the angle of the head, worked on the nose and moved the mouth down. I was actually trying for a more pleasant thoughtful look but I'm not sure I succeeded in that. Every little brushstroke changes the expression and the look of the face. What a challenge it would be to do an actual portrait! But I do like working on this.


Sunday, June 20 - just added another photo. Third try and I think I got back a little of the angular look but I lost the warmer color.
*top photo is the most recent

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I like the more recent version. I like the eyes. And the nose is brilliant.

Jane Seavers said...

You really captured Nena's eyes! It's almost eerie how she emerged. Great work!