Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pomegranate Series







O.K., you two, this is really amazing! I did three paintings in 3 hours in the middle of construction, calling lists for Obama, Aaron arriving and planning an election viewing dinner party, a walk with dogs and Aaron, installation of a new HD satellite for our new theater size TV, etc etc. A really wild day with painting in the middle...I was so grateful for 3 hours of painting!! So, this is the Pomegranate that John gave me from his carefully nurtured tree among tears and hugs as we drove away .... leaving him in the house without Linda. That's what these days have been like....each one new....without Linda. Aaron looked at them and said, " The pomegranate looks like a heart floating". I guess that's right. It's not a work that I'm particularly proud of....but I'm really glad that I did it....amid tears and paint up to my wrists. I'm really grateful to you two friends who are pushing me to paint....that right now we can! ~Jane

No comments: