Saturday, November 8, 2008

Election Day


On Election Day, I knew I wanted to do something with blocks and letters so I experimented with arranging them vertically and horizontally. Finally decided I wanted the arrangement the be less obvious on first glance. I wanted the primary colors on top with complements together. On reflection, I think I'm going to repaint the colors once it's dry so that the red will be at the top and the yellow will be surrounded by the shadow. The "A" gets a little washed out on top. I also think this type of painting needs to be developed more slowly - first painting the blocks with shadows and then adding the details after it's dried instead of all at once like I did. It was hard to control the wet paint for such small details. All in all, a good learning experience though. ~Gay

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

WOW! I love it Gay. It is brilliant. So playful and fun and unexpected. And thanks so much for your thoughts about painting it. It is interesting to hear your process.
love Elizabeth